Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics
“Big data and analytics are impacting every sector of business. By supporting research, teaching, and outreach in business intelligence and analytics, the CBIA will keep the Virginia Tech community at the forefront of this field.“ —Robert Sumichrast, Dean
NEWS & SPOTLIGHTS
- Oct 15, 2018 From Undergrad Hackathon to Startup Accelerator
- May 01, 2018 Business Analytics: Meeting the Need for Talent
- Feb 14 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pamplin Atrium Hokie Hospitality Highlights - Careers in HTM
- Feb 19 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Pamplin 1045 Non-Major Information Session
- Feb 19 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM Pamplin 1045 Minors Information Session
- Feb 20 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM New Classroom Building 270 Venture Builders Workshop: Funding Options
Why Business Analytics?
In 2017, demand for analytics expertise across a range of occupations saw significant growth. According to Forbes, the median salary for professionals with big data expertise is $103,000 a year.
Analytics Impacts Business
Analytics is the scientific process of harnessing analytic techniques and technologies to transform raw data into useful information for better business decisions. How are data analysts different from business analysts?
Study Business Analytics
Build synergistic partnerships with the business community, interact with corporate sponsors who serve as advisors for the CBIA program. Gain a working knowledge and hone your skills in business analytics by enrolling in the MSBA-BA program.