Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics
“Big data and analytics are impacting every sector of business. By supporting research, teaching, and outreach in business intelligence and analytics, the CBIA will keep the Virginia Tech community at the forefront of this field.“ —Robert Sumichrast, Dean
NEWS & SPOTLIGHTS
- Oct 15, 2018 From Undergrad Hackathon to Startup Accelerator
- May 01, 2018 Business Analytics: Meeting the Need for Talent
- Dec 13 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Exams End
- Dec 14 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM University and Graduate School Commencement Ceremonies
- Dec 14 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM Merryman Athletic Center, Bowman Room 4th Floor, 25 Beamer Way, Blacksburg VA 24061 Pamplin College of Business Graduation Breakfast
- Jan 21 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Martin Luther King Day
Why Business Analytics?
In 2017, demand for analytics expertise across a range of occupations saw significant growth. According to Forbes, the median salary for professionals with big data expertise is $103,000 a year.
Analytics Impacts Business
Analytics is the scientific process of harnessing analytic techniques and technologies to transform raw data into useful information for better business decisions. How are data analysts different from business analysts?
Study Business Analytics
Build synergistic partnerships with the business community, interact with corporate sponsors who serve as advisors for the CBIA program. Gain a working knowledge and hone your skills in business analytics by enrolling in the MSBA-BA program.