CBIA provides various avenues in which corporations can engage and collaborate as sponsors.
Corporate Sponsors are representatives of major corporations who serve as an external advisory panel for the program; they are vital components of the CBIA. Sponsors provide strategic advice and guidance regarding the program’s learning objectives and curriculum, participate in classes by providing guest lecturers, sponsor a 10-month, analytics consulting project, and provide important financial support to the program. An affiliation lasts for a period of two years and is renewable at the end of the second year by mutual agreement. Classroom and corporate sponsored projects will be geared toward business intelligence, data analysis techniques, business decision making, and focused on real-world corporate opportunities with the potential for high economic and market impacts.
The Quality Analytics Consortium (QAC) is an industrial affiliate program that connects organizations with leading quality analytics research faculty and students within the Pamplin College of Business. Pooling the resources of multiple quality-focused organizations, QAC can provide consortium members with affordable access to valuable reports from Virginia Tech’s proprietary internal quality analytics software tools – PamTAT and PamTag. Under sponsored-research contracts, members may sponsor the acquisition of proprietary commercial datasets consisting of millions of industry-specific online discussions, or may supply their own internal textual sources, such as reviews and emails, for quality scoring and analysis. Consortium members benefit from Virginia Tech’s nationally recognized expertise in defect discovery and innovation opportunity identification.
For more information, contact Dr. Alan Abrahams, Associate Professor, Business Information Technology, email@example.com or 540-231-5887.
During the Business Analytics Capstone in the MSBA-BA program, students will interact closely with sponsoring companies. They will work on interdisciplinary 4 to 5 member teams on a corporate project that has significant strategic importance. At the end of the project, students will prepare a professional consulting report that supports their findings and builds a business case for their recommendations. The project is designed to provide experiential learning and application of classroom learning to real-world problems. This experience will not only enhance our students’ technical skills, but provide business acumen that facilitates execution of those skills.
Capstone Project Goals:
- Prepare students for future leadership positions in technology and business analytics positions.
- Build relationships with innovative companies that provide projects, internships and jobs for students.
Another advantage of corporate partnership is the accessibility of business analytics talent within the MSBA-BA program. The MSBA-BA program is competitive with selection based on leadership, communication skills, motivation, quantitative aptitude and computing experience. We recruit and select students from a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds. Successful applicants must possess basic skills in statistics and computer programming, and most students are studying engineering, computing, statistics, sciences, and other business programs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems....
The NS vision: Be the safest, most customer-focused, and successful transportation company in the world.
Carilion Clinic: Inspiring Better Health.
Deloitte LLP has entered into a collaboration with the Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics as its Founding Sponsor.
Our Mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
The Un-dealership, the Great Experiment, and America's Favorite Volvo Dealership.
At Leidos, employees are inspired to create innovative technology solutions that solve the world's toughest problems in national security, health, and engineering. It's called the culture of innovation.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster.
- Results of a business analytics capstone project conducted by a team of 4 MSBA-BA students with appropriate skills. Receipt of a professional level, business case and a formal presentation by students of the capstone project results.
- Preservation of corporation’s rights to intellectual property, data and product generated as a result of the work performed by the MSBA-BA students. MSBA-BA students and Virginia Tech waive their rights to intellectual property, data and product associated with the capstone project.
- Membership on the CBIA Advisory Board and the opportunity to provide strategic advice regarding the program’s learning objectives and curriculum.
- Opportunities for interaction, engagement and a value-based exchange of knowledge between Virginia Tech faculty and students.
- Recognition of sponsorship on the CBIA website.
- Opportunities to participate in classes by providing guest lecturers and invitations to participate in business analytics symposia, conferences, workshops and WebEx sessions.
- Receipt of a quarterly report describing research activities conducted by faculty within the CBIA.
- Opportunities to meet MSBA-BA students including recruiting events, custom interview sessions, posting of job openings and internship opportunities with corporate sponsors and guest lecturing in business analytics classes.
- Meet with faculty and students to gain insight into CBIA research collaboration opportunities.
- Conduct personal meeting with the CBIA Academic Director once per year to learn about research initiatives, progress and priorities for the Center.
- For more information on how to become a corporate sponsor, contact: Linda Oldham, Executive Director 540-231-9755 firstname.lastname@example.org