CBIA provides various avenues in which corporations can engage and collaborate as sponsors.
Corporate Sponsors are representatives of major corporations who serve as an external advisory panel for the program; they are vital components of the CBIA. Sponsors provide strategic advice and guidance regarding the program’s learning objectives and curriculum, participate in classes by providing guest lecturers, sponsor a 10-month, analytics consulting project, and provide important financial support to the program. An affiliation lasts for a period of two years and is renewable at the end of the second year by mutual agreement. Classroom and corporate sponsored projects will be geared toward business intelligence, data analysis techniques, business decision making, and focused on real-world corporate opportunities with the potential for high economic and market impacts.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners,defense, space and security systems.
The NS vision: Be the safest, most customer-focused, and successful transportation company in the world.
Foundry26 is a marketing and data analytical firm specializing in the heavy equipment industry. F26 was born from serving the needs of a local Caterpillar dealership.
Deloitte LLP has entered into a collaboration with the Center for Business Intelligence and Analytics as its Founding Educational Sponsor.
Carilion Clinic: Inspiring Better Health.
At Leidos, employees are inspired to create innovative technology solutions that solve the world's toughest problems in national security, health, and engineering.
We reach for new heights and reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind.
- Results of a business analytics capstone project conducted by a team of 4 MSBA-BA students with appropriate skills. Receipt of a professional level, business case and a formal presentation by students of the capstone project results.
- Preservation of corporation’s rights to intellectual property, data and product generated as a result of the work performed by the MSBA-BA students. MSBA-BA students and Virginia Tech waive their rights to intellectual property, data and product associated with the capstone project.
- Membership on the CBIA Advisory Board and the opportunity to provide strategic advice regarding the program’s learning objectives and curriculum.
- Opportunities for interaction, engagement and a value-based exchange of knowledge between Virginia Tech faculty and students.
- Recognition of sponsorship on the CBIA website.
- Opportunities to participate in classes by providing guest lecturers and invitations to participate in business analytics symposia, conferences, workshops and WebEx sessions.
- Opportunities to meet MSBA-BA students including recruiting events, custom interview sessions, posting of job openings and internship opportunities with corporate sponsors and guest lecturing in business analytics classes.
- Meet with faculty and students to gain insight into CBIA research collaboration opportunities.
- For more information on how to become a corporate sponsor, contact: Linda Oldham, Executive Director 540-231-9755 email@example.com